Tuesday, May 3, 2011

April Showers Bring May Floods


My Spring fishing season is looking a lot like my blog.  All but dead.  It has been cold, windy, and wet.  I was able to get out a couple of times, but during each trip the water was either high, seriously cold, or both.  I haven't fished a stable river yet.  Now the Grand is flooded well past its banks.  I doubt that I can even think about fishing it for the next couple of weeks.  I have caught a few cats so far this year, but I usually spend a lot of hours on the river with only a few bites and fewer cats in the boat.  On top of it all, my back went out again and I'm in the middle of a multiple week recovery process.  I'm hoping it doesn't turn into a more severe problem like when it ended my season early last year.  For now I'm staying home most of the time to nurse the back and keep an eye on the rising gas prices.  My next trip will likely be down to Thornapple Lake to see if I can find some muskies, bass, and walleyes.  Booo Spring 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment